The AGE is an integrated system of technologies, standards, data, organizations and processes that delivers a Standard and Sharable Geospatial Foundation (SSGF) at all echelons. The purpose of this requirement is ensuring geospatial interoperability across the Army Geospatial Enterprise (AGE).
Like geospatial, Modeling and Simulation is a cross-cutting and core capability found through the entire Army. Identification of the key touch-points of geospatial representations within M&S will allow the AGC to enrich other geospatial data using systems in the AGE. This access to M&S solutions for disciplines such as Acquisition, Training, Mission Planning, Mission rehearsal, logistics management, and GEOINT Data analysis can stimulate these army functions for increased usability, and training.
Provide Subject Matter Expertise as it pertains to the use of Modeling and Simulation within the U.S. Army (and DoD wide when appropriate). This expertise will specifically assist the AGC in aligning the current applications of Modeling and Simulation with the U.S. Army Geospatial Enterprise. Coordinate and document requirements and propose a DoD/IC solution for an interoperable 3D Globe and Tile delivery capability.
Specific tasks include:
• Support the Army M&S community efforts to align with operational standards and processes represented in the Army Geospatial Enterprise, and coordinate for consistency with the One World Terrain Component (OWT)
• Coordinate with the Army Modeling and Simulation Terrain Working Group (AMSTWG) and the Synthetic Training Environment Cross Functional Team (STE CFT)
• Identify high-level gaps of the AGE architecture as it pertains to the M&S.
• Once gaps are identified, identification of key performance parameters (KPPs) will lead to actionable tests plans, trade studies, and technical initiatives to allow the AGC to lead the generation of new Cross-Cutting solutions for M&S through the entire AGE
• Identify opportunities to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes
• Perform market research and analyze commercial and government products that can satisfy user requirements with regards to 3D geospatial representation
• Support the preparation of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans as they relate to M&S initiatives.
• Evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems, and make acquisition recommendations
• Develop technical documentation in accordance with all CDRL requirements
• Review system Architecture and system design documentation.
• Senior-level understanding of Geospatial technologies, data formats, and Services-Oriented Architecture, to include 3D representation, raster tile construction, and Web Map Tile Services specification.
• Senior-level understanding of Modeling and Simulation field to include technologies, conversion/translation processes and data formats.
• Proven experience working within a Modeling and Simulation environment
• Working knowledge of One World Terrain Component (OWT)
• Working knowledge of Army Modeling and Simulation Office (AMSO)
• Technical understanding of 3D Globe technologies to include COTS and GOTS (Cesium, Google Earth, Luciad, TAK, etc.)
• 8+ years’ experience with hands on Modeling and Simulation support to systems OR with 3D geospatial technologies
• Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications
• Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks
• Must be capable of managing multiple projects with time related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment
• Must be able to speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to take individual initiative
• Familiarity with PEO STRI AND AMSO process highly desired
• Experience with 3D tile generation and delivery processes
• Knowledge of GeoPackage specification